The Controller of the data is the Economic Freedom Foundation based in Konopiska, ul. Rolnicza 1, 42-274 Konopiska, registered in the National Court Register – the register of associations, other social and professional organisations, foundations and public health care facilities – under the number: 0000907733; NIP [Taxpayer Identification Number]: 5732927348, REGON [Business Identification Number]: 389342940
- Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation – OJ EU, L of 2016, No 119, item 1), hereinafter: the “GDPR”,
- the Act of May 10, 2018 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws 2019.1781, i.e. of 9/19/2019, as amended),
- The Act of July 18m 2002 on the Provision of Services by Electronic Means (i.e. Journal of Laws 2020.344, i.e. of 3/3/2020 as amended),
- the Act of July 16, 2004 Telecommunications Law (uniform text: Journal of Laws 2021.576, i.e. of 3/30/2021 as amended).
1. Controller – means the Economic Freedom Foundation based in Konopiska, ul. Rolnicza 1, 42-274 Konopiska, registered in the National Court Register – the register of associations, other social and professional organisations, foundations and public health care facilities – under the number: 0000907733; NIP [Taxpayer Identification Number]: 5732927348, REGON [Business Identification Number]: 389342940 which provides services by electronic means and stores and accesses information in User’s devices;
2. Cookies – means cookie files saved and stored on the User’s device, including computer, tablet, smartphone, or any other device used for accessing the Internet when visiting wolnagospodarka.pl website. Information on cookies also applies to other similar technologies used within the abovementioned website or mobile application;
3. First-party cookies – means cookies set by the Controller in connection with the provision by the Controller of electronic services through the Website;
4. Third–party cookies – means cookies set by the Controller’s partners, through the Website; 5. Website – means the website under which the Controller operates the Internet service, operating in the wolnagospodarka.pl domain;
6. Device – means an electronic device through which the User accesses the Website, i.e. a computer, tablet, smartphone, or any other device used for accessing the Internet;
7. User – means an entity to whom electronic services may be provided in accordance with the Regulations and legal provisions, or with whom an Agreement for the provision of services by electronic means may be concluded.
SCOPE AND OBJECTIVES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION
- Contact Form
By filling in the contact form, the User agrees to the processing of their personal data in the form of the name, surname, email address, and, optionally, their correspondence address and telephone number. The purpose of the data processing is to be able to inform the User about the statutory activities of the Economic Freedom Foundation, including events and projects organised by or with the participation of the Economic Freedom Foundation, publications of the Economic Freedom Foundation, media appearances of the experts of the Economic Freedom Foundation, or the programme of supporting valuable initiatives promoting economic freedom
The Economic Freedom Foundation allows Users to apply for grants, i.e. support for valuable initiatives promoting economic freedom. The User can apply for a grant by filling in an electronic form located in the “How we work” section or by sending an email to the following address: email@example.com. By choosing to send an application, the User is obligated to agree to the processing of personal data indicated by them in the form or email. Users can find detailed information on the processing of data in the information clause provided below the form. The User who decides to contact us by email is obligated to read the said clause.
- Registration for events organised by the Economic Freedom Foundation
By filling in the registration form, the User is obligated to agree to the processing of their personal data indicated by them in the personal data form. The purpose of data processing is the organisation of the event by the Economic Freedom Foundation, including the possibility of drawing up a list of participants. Detailed information on the processing of the User’s data is contained in the information clause below the form
Types of cookies used
1. The cookies used by the Controller are safe for the User’s Device. The operation of cookies is entirely safe. In particular, it does not allow viruses or other unwanted software or malware to enter the User’s Device. These files allow for identifying the software used by the User and customising the Website individually for each User in a way that suits their preferences. Cookies usually contain the name of the domain from which they originate, the storage time on the Device, and the assigned value.
2. The Controller uses two types of cookie files:
a) session cookies: these are data necessary to maintain the session during the current activities of the Website Users. They are stored on the User’s Device and remain there until the end of a given browser session. The stored information is then permanently deleted from the Device memory. The mechanism of session cookies does not permit processing any personal User data or any confidential information from the User’s Device.
b) persistent cookies: this is information stored on the User’s Device between the User’s visits to the website. They remain there until they are deleted. Ending the given browser session or switching off the Device does not cause their deletion from the User’s Device. The mechanism of persistent cookies does not permit processing any personal User data or any confidential information from the device used by the User.
These files can be collected for the Controller to determine the use of the website by a particular user, their preferences, the number of visits, and the time of visits. The Controller distinguishes the following cookies according to their function:
- essential cookies – enabling the smooth use of services available on our website,
- performance cookies – enabling the collection of information on the use of our website,
- functional cookies – enabling the saving of settings selected by the User and personalisation of the website for the User’s needs,
- social cookies – allowing the User to share the content placed on our website within social networks such as Facebook or Twitter with other users of these networks,
- cookies designed to ensure web safety when browsing our website.
3. The User may, at any time, change their cookie settings (i.e. by restricting or disabling access to cookies on their Device). These settings may be changed to block the automatic handling of cookies in the web browser settings. In the case of using this option, using the Website will be possible; however, it may be significantly more difficult with regard to some of the functions which by their nature require the use of these files. Below we indicate the ways to change the settings for saving cookies in the device’s memory in popular web browsers:
a) Google Chrome:
Menu > Settings > Show advanced settings > Privacy > Content settings > Cookies – select option,
b) Internet Explorer: Menu > Tools > Internet options > Privacy – select option,
c) Mozilla Firefox:
Menu > Tools > Settings > Privacy & Security > Cookies and Site Data – select option,
Menu > Preferences > Advanced > Cookies – select option,
Menu > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies – select option.
I. First-party cookies
1. The Controller uses its own cookies:
a) for the correct and optimal configuration of the website, by recognising the User’s device and its location, which allows the website to be displayed appropriately, including remembering the settings selected by the User (e.g. regarding the chosen language),
b) to recommend the content of interest and preference to the User by remembering the history of pages visited by the User within the website.
c) to perform processes necessary to ensure the full functionality of the Website and optimise the use of the Website, which is possible through recognition of the basic parameters of the Device and through displaying the website in a manner adapted to the User’s individual needs.
d) to conduct internal analyses, research, and website traffic audits, including the creation of anonymous statistics allowing the determination of how the Website Users use the Website pages, which facilitates the improvement of their structure and content.
II. Third-party cookies The Controller uses third-party cookies to collect general and anonymous statistical data using analytical tools offered by Google Analytics (third-party cookies provider: Google Inc. with headquarters in the USA).
Possibility of specifying the conditions for storing or accessing cookies
1. The User may, independently and at any time, change the cookies-related settings, specifying the conditions for storing them and accessing the User’s Device by the cookies. The User can change the settings referred to in the previous sentence through their Internet browser settings or by configuring the service. These settings can be changed, in particular, in such a way as to block the automatic handling of cookies in the Internet browser settings or inform the User each time cookies are set on the Device. Detailed information on the possibility and methods of handling cookies is available in the software settings (web browser).
The Controller uses Google Analytics tools to analyse statistics. The data collected by this tool are anonymous and used solely for statistical analysis, monitoring website traffic, and improving the quality of content presented on the website. The Controller of the data collected by Google Analytics is Google Inc., with its registered office in the USA.
PERSONAL DATA RECIPIENTS
Data made available to the Controller by the User will be made available only to entities with whom the Controller has previously signed entrustment agreements. Only the data the transfer of which is necessary due to the Controller’s legitimate interests shall be made available to such recipient entities.
PERSONAL DATA RETENTION PERIOD
The Controller may process the User’s personal data until the purpose for which the User’s personal data were collected has been achieved, unless further processing is permitted or required under applicable law, e.g. for statistical purposes or to assert and defend against claims. In such cases, the data will be processed for the period necessary for the purposes mentioned above, however, no longer than until the expiry of any possible claims. Where the User has given their consent to the processing, the data will only be processed until the consent is withdrawn, unless commonly applicable laws allow further processing.
USERS’ RIGHTS CONCERNING THEIR PERSONAL DATA
The User has the right to access, rectify, erase, or restrict data processing, as well as the right to object to and request the cessation of processing and data portability, and in the case of data processed on the basis of consent, also the right to withdraw consent at any time and the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority, i.e. the President of the Personal Data Protection Office.
Withdrawal of consent is possible by contacting the Controller at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Providing data is voluntary but necessary to achieve the indicated purpose. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the legality of processing performed on the basis of consent before its withdrawal.
The data provided by the User shall not be subject to automatic profiling.
TRANSFER OF DATA TO THIRD COUNTRIES
The Controller uses the data provided by the User exclusively within the framework and territory of the European Union and the European Economic Area. The only exception is the collection of anonymous, non-personally identifiable data by Google Analytics, which does not constitute processing within the meaning of the data protection legislation.
PROTECTION OF USER DATA
Users’ personal data collected by the Controller is processed in accordance with data protection legislation, including the GDPR.